Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

December 2, 2012

Today I was reminded

I love this time of season and especially the peace and light it breathes into winter!  

On Sunday during an unexpected moment I was reminded why Primary is the place I need to be.

I was called to be the First Counselor in the Primary Presidency a few months ago and remember thinking, "Me, in Primary? Okaaaay...." Especially since I'm not so good with children (they are kinda scary) and haven't been in Primary for quite a long time. Our family joke is that I'll corrupt the children with my 'worldy-ways' as I had already corrupted the adults teaching Gospel Doctrine, so now it's time to move onto the little ones.... :-)   

However, a young boy, just 6 years old, taught me a lesson in humility and listening to the spirit that I will never forget- and it took him just a few minutes. He was assigned to give a short talk in Primary and had forgotten. I quickly expressed that it was okay and not to worry but his calm reply was, "No, I have something prepared in my mind." I was surprised and eager to hear what this little boy had to share.

He stood and explained the true meaning of Christmas and re-told the story of Christ's Birth, while sharing his testimony that Christ was our Saviour and loved us. 
I felt the spirit pouring strongly form this little boy and enjoyed his simple yet beautiful reminder of why we celebrate this season and why Christ has instructed us to "Be as the little children". 
I'm grateful for his parents who are fine examples of righteous parenting and raising their children with the spirit in their home. I was blown away by the faith and example of a six year-old boy and am grateful for a loving God who knew why I needed to be in Primary.     

No comments: