Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

June 22, 2011

Grandma Beth

Dear Grandma Tolman,
You are greatly missed.
Especially your smiles, laughs, warm spirit, birthday cards, generosity, letters and phone calls.
It's awesome that you finally get to meet Zoey and reunite with your husband, son and family who have gone before......
 Grandma drinking her favorite beverage: Chocolate Milk!
Grandma sure loved her chocolate (huh, must be hereditary...yep, that's where I get it!).
 Her favorite color was baby blue.....
 There was a celebration of your life with many family and friends- you were a special lady.
Thank you for sharing a bit of your life with me- how blessed I am to be your granddaughter!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandma passed away the morning I was away in California for work. The early morning phone call arrived and I knew....but unfortunately, it wasn't the time or place to think about it. It wasn't until after days end when sitting on the plane flying over the clouds that it dawned: grandma is really gone this time.

Quite embarrassingly, tears began to fall (I am sooo not a cryer, usually) which on a plane there is *zero* privacy. My poor seat companion must have thought I'd gone off the deep end....
Although it is sad and she will be missed I am grateful the trials of this earth are gone from her.

Lilies are in bloom at our house and for some reason, this picture reminded me of grandma:
Beth adored flowers.

No comments: