Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

January 20, 2011

If I were....

...if I were a rich man...la dee dum, dee dum, dee da, de daa....you know that song, right? Fiddler on the Roof, a classic!
Well, if I were independently wealthy I would love to adopt Special Needs Children- especially Anton.

Isn't he precious??

Those children occupy a soft and special place in my heart- they always have. When I grow up; I hope to one day be able to work less and give more. More time and talents to these precious babies. More time to volunteer and make a difference. More time to bring smiles and a little bit of sunshine. 

Strange how a baby who lives across the world can have such an effect on us; Ryan and I find ourselves thinking about this little boy, a lot. Our hearts hurt for him and those children abandoned by their parents only because they were born less than perfect. 
It's wrenching to imagine some have never known love.
If I were a rich man......

1 comment:

Lisa and Rustin said...

Hey Heidi!!
Uuuugh! Little Anton's story breaks my heart! I wish it wasn't so expensive to adopt. Sounds like he's the same age as Blaker boy. Just breaks my heart to think he's all alone!