Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

April 24, 2010

March of Dimes Walk

A huge THANK YOU to those who donated towards our walk!!!
The real "star" of the March for Babies......
It was a gorgeous Saturday morning, perfect weather for a 6.2 mile walk. We had a great time 'power-walking' and meeting families who have benefited through the March of Dimes program and research. Perhaps next year we can take little Ayla with us...weather permitting of course!
We joined the St. Lukes RMC Team and met up with a few of Ayla's RN's and one of her Doctors from the NICU- it was neat to see them again and catch-up. They were thrilled to see how BIG little Ayla is getting!

Waiting at the starting line......
We earned enough donations for a cool shirt- thank you!
at the end of the walk!

The purple sticker reads, "I did it! March of Dimes for Babies!"

I must admit- was pretty proud of my sticker! Beings that I am allergic to exercise and haven't done much recently (okay, for like a year and a half) I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with Ryan's 'power-walking'. But it was all good and 1.5 hours later we were back at the park...wow! Ryan took it easy on me though. I love him and was so happy we were able to go together!

Next year we are thinking of building a Team to walk with us- how fun would that be?!

1 comment:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

love the pics...wow, it was a gorgeous day. Dang girl, you look good, can't tell you're "Allergic to excersizing"...and Ayla is a CUTIE-PA-TOOTIE in those star glasses!!!!