Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

October 14, 2009

Always Looking....

Questions, questions.....Since Ayla & Zoey's birth and the multiple complications they experienced (and Ayla continues) I have been researching the "why's". Just that kinda gal- want to know 'why' and 'what-to-do' and 'how-to-improve'. I believe every parent to a baby with complications or special needs does this- it's our inherent nature to search for a solution, to "fix it". We never stop hoping and looking and of course, hindsight is always best, right?
Micro-preemie babies are modern miracles and there are many long-term unknowns to these babies as they grow into adulthood. I like to read and follow any research and leads into studies of very premature babies, it's fascinating. My browser is full of various website studies saved in a favorites folders.....The scientific information found is mainly still 'in progress' or 'inconclusive' but always interesting and sometimes, scary. The March of Dimes is a fabulous organization to respect and love- they provide the funding for these studies into premature births.

I may drive myself into the loony bin thinking so, but nonetheless, the nagging "why's" seem to lurk and drive me to research. Personality glitch? Probably! It makes me crazy that I just don't know "why": Why were Ayla & Zoey born early? Why did they have brain and lung bleeds? Why was Zoey much worse than Ayla? What causes this or that complication? Why? Why? I feel like a three-year old always asking, "Why?". Ha!

There are no answers to most of the questions- at least answers I'll find on earth. So patience has never been a strong virtue of mine...I'm learning....I have an incredible husband whose example I look towards.

All of that rambling to share an article on Neonate Infant Pain;


Hey- it's my blog and I can ramble as I will......

2 comments:

Lisa and Rustin said...

Heck yes you can ramble all you want! (ps - it doesn't sounds like rambling to me)

You are one tough cookie, Heidi! And one amazing mom!

Boyd and Lynette Rushton said...

Very interesting article. Your curious mind is a blessing!