Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

September 29, 2009

Sparkly Pink

My favorite nail polish- "Elegance" by OPI. It's Zoey's color; the one I wore the day of her passing because I wanted something shiny and happy...and it is! Added a purple butterfly decal in her honor....we've always associated purple butterflies with Zoey-Munkin...it suits her. Zoey is Purple and Ayla is Pink- although purple is sassy and Ayla is definitely that!

It may seem silly but when I wear Zoey's polish I feel closer to her and it brings a smile. Ryan knows that when I break out "Zoey's Polish" (which is often) that it's been a 'Remembrance Day', not necessarily a sad day....just a day for thinking of Zoey. October 8th will mark seven months; wow! It feels like a long time ago, yet just yesterday.

Unfortunately, I am tough on my nails so the color lasts just a few short days....



In other news: our garage has become Ryan's "shop". It's a bit tight but it'll do! Ryan has been busy creating infant caskets (totally FREAKED our neighbors out) in his spare time to present to the local funeral home directors. They are beautiful! Most people have a difficult time understanding WHY we would build and sell infant caskets until we tell them our story....it's not pleasant to think about but there is a need for such. So while Ryan has been busy building I've been busy creating a website and brochures, it's a work-in-progress;

http://www.laymedowncustomcaskets.com/



Part of our 'niche' is to offer custom-made infant caskets and eventually (as business expands), to include children and adult custom caskets. There is also a need for Pet Caskets which is an area we are exploring as well. We call this "Zoey's Inspiration"......

3 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I LOVE the polish!!!
Wow! I had no idea that Ryan was doing that. What an awesome endeavor, you guys!

Our Family said...

I have followed the story of your beautiful twin girls from a link off my aunts website. IT is great you offer custom caskets. I wish I had known earlier as we needed one in July for our sweet son. May God bless your little family and your efforts to keep Zoey's memory alive. Kappy Williams

The Stephenson Family said...

The caskets are absolutely beautiful! Ryan brought one to our home and it's just gorgeous! The website is awesome too! Good luck!